Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2023
LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today, LoyaltyLion works with over 10,000 small and medium sized retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. An experience where customers feel valued, rather than just another number.
It’s been an incredible few years for LoyaltyLion. We closed funding of $12.5m in 2021 and another $12m in 2022. We’ve built out our Leadership team, recruiting a Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Product Officer amongst other key senior hires and we continue to set our sights high, achieving spots in both the Deloitte Fast 50 and the FT1000.
Oh, and did we mention our recent successes, such as our G2 reviews, where we are the no.1 in loyalty management in the world or where we've been voted No. 8 in the Best UK Software 2024 list...
As a Data Engineer you will be building data applications, delivering high quality code with performance and scalability in mind. Eventually, mentoring more junior engineers. Working with the Tech Lead on designing architecture. Continuously improving your own skills to get the team and self to achieve best results. We are looking for an individual to take part in the building of our data platform and support the team’s and company’s growth. Our data stack will rely mostly on the Python & SQL language and it includes technologies like Apache Airflow, Docker, Rabbit MQ, dbt, Superset, Cube etc. and we’re looking to deploy AWS products like S3, Redshift, and Athena.
Some of the things you'll be doing:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining a solid Data Lake and Data Warehouse that collects, stores, and processes data, focusing on scalability and reliability.
- Working closely with the Product and Infrastructure teams to help them design and build metric-driven data models and tooling to explore and visualise merchant data
- Working in the Agile environment as part of the high performance SCRUM team
- Delivering clean, well tested, scalable and maintainable code
- You will be working on your personal growth with the Data Lead
- Collaborating with the team mates on delivering high quality solutions and code
- Continuously doing Peer Reviews for achieving best results
- Build data models to ensure you have the data you need to do great analytics quickly.
- We use DBT for this which is easy to learn if you know SQL.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years experience working with Python or Scala
- 3+ years of experience design and implementing data platforms
- Experience with dbt, Superset, Apache Airflow
- Experience with an ingestion platform like Fivetran or Airbyte
- Experience with Apache Kafka or other streaming platforms
- Experience with query engines like AWS Athena, Hive, SparkSQL or similar technologies
- Experience in designing data lakes in Amazon S3
- Experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, Flink or similar technologies
- Experience with data quality processes
- Have prior experience in eCommerce
As an added bonus, you might:
Our Tech Stack
- Postgres, Redshift
Technical Overview + Value based interview
Tech Session + Q&A with Engineering Team
Meet the CTO
• Flexible working approach, with hybrid working.
• International Remote working (up to 30 days in each holiday year)
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 5 days holiday over into the next holiday year
• All permanent employees get equity to recognise the valuable contribution you'll make to our growth
• Company days out and events, and team socials
• Home office budget
• Cycle scheme
• Employee Assistance Program
• Private medical insurance
• Competitive learning and development budget
• The opportunity to join at a major inflection point – ecommerce is booming and with it, the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
• Macbook, magic keyboard, and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job