Customer Support Lead (London / United States)
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
LoyaltyLion is a data-driven loyalty and engagement platform trusted by thousands of ecommerce brands worldwide. Merchants use LoyaltyLion when they want a loyalty program that is proven to increase customer engagement, retention and spend. Stores using LoyaltyLion typically generate at least $15 for every $1 they spend on the platform.
Today LoyaltyLion works with over 10,000 small and medium sized retailers. Our mission is to help them succeed in the age of Amazon, where they may not be able to compete on price and logistics but can offer a better customer experience. An experience where customers feel valued, rather than just another number.
It’s been an incredible two years for LoyaltyLion. We closed $12.5m early last year and another $12m this year, and we’ve grown from 40 employees to over 100. We’ve built out our Leadership team, recruiting a CTO, CFO and Director of Product amongst other senior hires and we continue to scale quickly, achieving spots in both the Deloitte Fast 50 and the FT1000. This is just the beginning of our inflection point.
About the role
As the Customer Support Lead at LoyaltyLion, you will form part of the Customer Success Leadership Team, helping define and deliver strategy throughout the end to end Customer Success lifecycle; Onboarding, Adoption, Expansion, Renewal, Advocacy.
You will lead a team who provide first line technical support to our entire global client base, in addition to providing strategic support to a subset of our global client base. The key responsibilities of this team are customer satisfaction, first point of contact resolution, speed to respond/resolve, retention, expansion and value realisation.
You will report into and work closely with the Vice President of Customer Success, to ensure the Support function is aligned with the company’s strategic goals and objectives. You will lead on strategic initiatives such as re-structuring and improving our customer Help Centre, delivering Support automation and creating a digital Customer community. You will hold strong relationships with third party tech partners, such as Intercom, and key individuals across the organisation to continue to drive a culture of Customer Success, such as our Chief Product Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Chief Revenue Officer, VP of Operations and our Marketing Director.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of Customer Support Executives.
- Set performance objectives for the team and monitor progress towards achieving key metrics.
- Ensure the support function provides a high level of customer service and exceeds customer expectations.
- Work closely with the VP of Customer Success to develop and implement a customer support strategy that aligns with the company's goals and objectives.
- Ensure that the team is fully trained and equipped to handle customer inquiries and issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the support function.
- Train and upskill the team to ensure we maximise customer satisfaction, retention, expansion and value realisation
- Analyse data and metrics to identify trends and insights that can inform decision-making and improve the customer expereince.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including Onboarding, Customer Success Management, and Account Management, to ensure a seamless end to end customer expereince.
- Work closely with and provide feedback into all functions across the organisation to continuously improve our product and service
- Monitor and report on customer satisfaction metrics, and use this information to drive improvements in the support function.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the LoyaltyLion platform and its features, and use this knowledge to provide expert guidance and support to customers.
- Lead on strategic initiatives to allow the transformation of the wider Customer Success function into a world class team
- 5+ years of experience in customer support / success, with at least 3 years in a leadership role,
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong customer service skills, with a focus on delivering a positive customer expereince.
- Expereince managing and motivating a team, with a track record of achieving performance objectives.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyse data and metrics to identify trends and insights.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and customer support tools.
- Passion for technology and a desire to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the industry.
• Remote and flexible working
• International Remote working (up to 30 days in each holiday year)
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays + carry 5 days holiday over into the next holiday year
• All permanent employees get equity to recognise the valuable contribution you'll make to our growth
• Company days out and events, and team socials
• Home office budget
• Cycle scheme
• Employee Assistance Program
• Private medical insurance
• Competitive learning and development budget
• The opportunity to join at a major inflection point – ecommerce is booming and with it, the demand for loyalty software like LoyaltyLion
• Macbook, magic keyboard, and any other tech or equipment you need to do a great job
See more open positions at LoyaltyLion
Something looks off?