Staff Accountant I
Accounting & Finance
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Chatmeter is looking for an experienced, detailed Staff Accountant I to join our team! This position will report directly to the Senior Accountant and will play a significant role in our rapidly growing organization.
The Staff Accountant I will be responsible for handling Chatmeter’s daily accounts payable functions and assist with payroll processing, as well as supporting many of the essential general accounting functions.
They will help identify opportunities for process improvements in our accounts payable and month end processes, in turn adding scalability to the various accounting functions so our accounting department is well positioned for Chatmeter’s growth.
This role will have the opportunity to interact with multiple departments throughout the company and will have a direct contribution to the growth and success of Chatmeter by providing timely and accurate financial information that supports the executive team’s decision-making processes and strategic initiatives.
*This is a hybrid position based in San Diego, must be willing to be in office at least two days a week*
What you will do:
- Process semi-monthly payroll, prepare related journal entries, and related general ledger account reconciliations.
- Process vendor invoices in Mineral Tree and NetSuite.
- Manage Accounts Payable email inbox and work with vendors to address inquiries.
- Manage Payroll inbox and process any off-cycle payrolls, address any internal requests from employees and state notices.
- Maintain proper vendor profile including current W-9, payment, and contact information, etc.
- Drive the annual 1099 reporting process.
- Review and code transactions charged to corporate credit cards and through the Travel and Expense system.
- Perform bank account matching and related bank reconciliations.
- Assist in monthly closing procedures, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed.
What you will bring:
- A/P and Payroll experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant licensure a plus
- Public accounting experience preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting/accounts payable/payroll
- Experience in SaaS or Software based company desired
- Proven Excel expertise and ability to use complex formulas
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think outside-the-box, adapt to change, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency with NetSuite (or similar ERP) and Paycom (or similar HRIS)
Who We Are
Established in 2009, Chatmeter now analyzes billions of customer reviews, social media mentions, and sentiments from hundreds of sources to help businesses keep a pulse on all of their locations. Fortune 5000 companies rely on Chatmeter’s expertise in multi-location brand management to make confident business decisions that provide a competitive advantage at every location. From search rankings to business listings, store pages, and more, Chatmeter is the trusted solution for driving traffic and revenue to local businesses in over 40 industries including retail, healthcare, financial services, real estate, food services, and automotive.
Chatmeter is a fast-growing company and we’ve been recognized on both the Inc. 5000 and the SaaS 1000 lists. That growth has a lot to do with our ability to provide customers with not only a great product but great service as well, just check out our 4.4-star rating on G2 Crowd.
When it comes to working at Chatmeter, you should know we promote within, embrace diversity, celebrate our wins, and are dedicated to building a company culture where employees can thrive. This is probably why Chatmeter was recently named one of San Diego’s Best Places to Work by the San Diego Union-Tribune. Want to be a part of a company that cares about your success just as much as our own? Apply today.
Benefits & Perks:
-Hybrid & fully Remote opportunities
-Comprehensive benefits package including medical (100% employee coverage), dental/vision
-401(k) and company match
-Additional resources for Health and Wellness.
-Commuter and Transit pre-tax benefit program
-Flexible vacation time, with no accruals or wait
-11 Company holidays plus:
-Community Service Day
-Birthday Day off
-$100 monthly stipend for cell/internet costs
-Virtual gatherings and team building
-Monthly team activities and Quarterly events
See more open positions at Chatmeter
Something looks off?